Friday 22 April 2011

S is for... Sisters!



S is for... Sisters. I have two of them. Sabine and Christiane. They're beautiful, funny and brave. Sadly as they are in France and I am in England, we only manage to see one another a couple of times a year, but we talk on the phone most days.



It's funny how things changed between us over the years. Being the eldest one, I used to be so bossy... I thought it was my place to tell them what I thought about their clothes, their hairstyles and their men, whether they wanted to hear it or not! I know... I was the big sister from hell.



Now I turn to them for advice, reassurance or a good laugh at the end of a horrible day! We have been through sad times together, losing our mother when we were still quite young, then coping with our father's depression and health problems. We argued a lot. We shouted horrible things at each other. We swore we'd never talk to each other again... And yet, they're here when I need them. And they'll always be able to rely on me.



S is for Sisters. My best friends.



Marie Laval



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for leaving a message! Your message will appear after moderation.